Sunday, November 11, 2012

Futurism and change

How will tchnology change education in 10 years? This is what I was asked in one of the interviews. I did not have a good answer at that time. Now, I still do not know the answer. It is hard to imagine the impact of technology on education with my knowledge. One thing that I can sure is that we will still have the traditional face-to-face classroom with a teacher and students in 10 years. However, the classrom will be equipped with technological devices.

What kind of technological devices will be availabe in the classroom in 10 years? Maybe a simulator? Students may be able to perform a task as a doctor, a judge, an Amazon exporer, etc individually or in groups. They may need to research a given topic and collaborate to complete the given task in the simulation. Would it happen? I don't know. What I know is that teachers should be prepared for new changes in society and education.

No comments:

Post a Comment